Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time for Things I Love

It has been awhile since I have written so I thought I would share some of the things I love. Spending time with my husband Jason, my sweet girl Addison, playing in the yard and sewing.

Jason has just finished up his class for the summer...no more summer school for him. Just one more semester and he will graduate with his masters this December! We are so proud of all of his hard work- but ready to have the extra time to spend as a family in the evenings.

Working in the yard is one of my favorite stress relievers and is now a way to spend quality time with my sweet girl. Addison has been helping me water the the flowers in the yard and so I recently bought her a Little Tykes watering can. She has so much fun!

I have also started sewing again- mostly when Addison is napping or has gone to bed at night. It is too difficult to find more time during the day. My newest project was a pillow case dress for Addison. When I was about 20 years old I remember going through my parent's linen closet and packing up old things to move. At that time I found an old pillow case that I knew would be a cute dress for a little girl one day. So, I saved that pillow case and just recently I was reminded and inspired by another blog, called Freshly Picked
So, I went through my things and found the old pillow case that I had saved. I am so glad that I have a girl!! It turned out so cute and was so easy to make the dress that I made a second one the next day!

I will post pictures soon!

No comments: