Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Hattie

Back in November my grandma had a great idea. She knows that I have enjoyed making blankets and she had been thinking of her sister, Hattie and how sweet it would be to make a blanket to give her for her birthday. Since Hattie's birthday is in February, I thought that would be perfect and that would give me plenty of time to make it. Aunt Hattie has always been so sweet to our family and I knew that Aunt Hattie had not been feeling well so I enjoyed picking out some fun, bright colored fabrics for her blanket and began working - mostly when Addison was napping or at night. There were a few times when Addison was able to help me by handing me safety pins and sitting in my lap while at the sewing machine.

I only wish I could be there to see Aunt Hattie's expression when she opens her present from all of us.

Addison carried the blanket to show Grandma first.
Grandma, Addison and me.
(the blanket makers)
Happy Birthday Aunt Hattie!
Love,
Grandma, Aunt Yvonne, Aunt Theresa, Ashley and Addison

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God".
2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

No comments: